My fellow women, we all knows what it means to be pregnant and having the desired and deserved comfort we need throughout this period is another ball game, when a woman is pregnant, she becomes two in one, as she feels pain so will the baby in the womb feel along as well and the level of how her body is relaxed determines the state of the unborn child in the womb, as a good expectant mother, your joy should be to have a conducive period by taking good care of your pregnancy condition, not only going to antenatal for checkups, counseling and drugs to take care of the body but to also get a compatible pregnancy pillow that will suit you without inflicting or adding additional pain to your body or to your unborn child in the womb.
This pregnancy pillow gives support that helps to relax the position of your baby when you’re lying down without been restless in all position, this pregnancy pillow is also called maternity pillow, due to the form in which the pregnancy pillow are being manufactured and distributed in different varieties, types, size and shapes, every expectant mother should consider it before making a choice or purchase so that you’ll choose the type, size and sharp that best suits your pregnancy condition, the one that will suit your condition will be beneficial to you and to your baby because it will reduce stress in the belly and will encourage better bonding between you and your baby during your period of pregnancy.
You should consider these types as follows
Table of Contents
- You should consider these types as follows
- There are types of Full Length Maternity pillow which are
- The Straight pregnancy pillow
- The Flexible full length pregnancy pillow
- Wedge pregnancy pillow
- The Round pregnancy wedge pillow
- Triangular Pregnancy wedge pillow
- Shaped Maternity pillows
- The c shaped pillow
- U-shaped pillow
- Bean shaped pregnancy pillow
- Hypo-allergic filling
- The memory foam pillows
- Contour memory foam
- Shredded memory foam
- Organic cotton fillings
- Full length pregnancy pillow
- Wedge pregnancy pillow
- Shaped pregnancy pillow
- Bean shaped pregnancy pillow.
The Full length
maternity pillow happens to be the commonly used maternity pillow across the globe, it is designed to fit and match with the full length and size of the body, thereby giving the entire body the full relaxation and comfort it deserves, just like the regular foam but this is designed for pregnant women’s support, this type covers almost the whole space on the bed and will make you not to sleep in the same bed with your partner and it is not also conducive for pregnant women that sleep on their back.
There are types of Full Length Maternity pillow which are
- Straight full length pregnancy pillow and
- Flexible full length pregnancy pillows.
The Straight pregnancy pillow
is a type of full length pregnancy pillow that are designed just like our normal pillows, it’s rigid so it can’t bend or be twisted to desired shapes when lying down on it.
The Flexible full length pregnancy pillow
appears as its name implies, it can bend or be twisted to your desired shape to achieve the comfort you want.
Wedge pregnancy pillow
is a type of pregnancy pillow that’s designed like the sharp of a small triangle to give aid to the desired particular part of the body when lying down, it’s the smallest type of pregnancy pillow and it’s cheap to purchase in the market, the wedge pregnancy pillow is available in two style types which are as follows.
- The round pregnancy wedge pillow and
- Triangular pregnancy wedge pillow.
The Round pregnancy wedge pillow
-this type of pregnancy pillow is a rounded wedge that has the shape of a full crescent moon.
Triangular Pregnancy wedge pillow
is a type of pregnancy wedge pillow which comes with the shape of wedge of chess; they are small and compact without occupying much space on the bed and it’s a travel pregnancy pillow.
Shaped Maternity pillows
– this type of pregnancy pillow get their names from the shape of the alphabet letters it resembles, there are wide varieties of shaped pregnancy pillow but I will mention few of them such as c,j,u,v. shaped maternity pillow etc, the u and v shaped are recommended because it serves the entire body with full and total support.
The c shaped pillow
typically aids the back of a pregnant woman and they are the best choice for pregnant mother that doesn’t turn a lot while sleeping. While the
are perfect for pregnant mothers that turns a lot while sleeping, it gives support to both sides of the body. Both the c and the u shaped pregnancy pillows supports the head, neck and it’s recommended for back or stomach sleepers.
Bean shaped pregnancy pillow
as the name implies, it’s of bean shape with straps on each side, it’s of great help to use when the belly of a pregnant woman becomes heavier than usual, it’s not the bulky type that covers large amount of space on the bed, it doesn’t over heat, it’s slim and also it’s not a costly type of pregnancy pillow.
Another area an expectant mother should consider is to know the type of fillers used in constructing the particular type of pregnancy pillow they’re about purchasing today.
Below are types of fillers and their explanations.
– pregnancy pillow made with hypo-allergic filling discourages allergic reaction, thereby making the pregnant woman to sleep comfortably, hypo-allergic fillings are recommended to regulate allergic reactions due to the changes the body undergoes before delivery that makes the body of a pregnant women sensitive to materials and fibers.
Another filler to consider is the memory foam.
The memory foam pillows
is a special kind of fillers , it’s capable of taking the shape of the person using it because it responds to applied pressure and temperature, the additional synthetic materials made with it, enhances more comfort and relaxation.
The memory foam has types and they are
Contour memory foam
which has a subtle groove and two ridges running horizontally from one side to another.
Shredded memory foam
, it’s category of size are of kings and queen standard size and they are similar to the regular type of pillow.
Organic cotton fillings
– wheat and cotton are the major organic materials, it’s ideal for the pregnant women that loves the smell of organic materials.
All pregnant mothers should consider this article before making a choice,